You're not too young to open an account at the IBEW Local #56 FCU. If you are the child, stepchild, or grandchild of a credit union member, you are eligible for membership. A $25 minimum deposit is required to become a credit union member and to earn dividends on your money. Advantages of opening a youth account include:
- Learning the benefits of saving and obtaining money management skills that will benefit you throughout your life.
- Open an account before your first birthday and receive a $5 deposit from the credit union.
- Receive a piggy bank or other gift when you open your account.
- Participate in our annual "Youth Week Celebration" in August where members up to age 18 can receive a grab bag of fun prizes, guess the number of candies in a jar, and enter one of our 2 raffles.
- Get help paying for college with a Smart Option Student Loan from our partnership with Sallie Mae.
- Be eligible to apply for the James DeDad Scholarship sponsored by the Erie Chapter of Credit Unions to help with college expenses.
- Be eligible to enter the Youth Ambassador Competition sponsored by the Erie Chapter of Credit Unions.