For information on the Credit Union's response to COVID-19, please see the "Latest News" section on the homepage of our website.
To Assist Our Members During These Difficult Economic Times, We Are Offering a 0.25%APR* Discount on All New Signature, Vehicle, Home Equity, and Mini-Mortgage Loans Until July 31st!
Click here for more information on our loan specials.
If you're in the market for a new or used vehicle, get a pre-approval from the credit union first. Then shop with the security of knowing how much of a vehicle you can afford and eliminate the hassle and uncertainty of dealer financing.
New Vehicles: rates as low as 2.15% APR*
Used Vehicles: rates as low as 3.15% APR*
Click here for vehicle rates.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate
Annual Meeting & Election
You are invited to the Credit Union's Annual Meeting and Election of Officers.
When: Monday, August 10th at 6:00PM
Where: IBEW 56 Union Hall
185 Pennbriar Drive
There is no cost to attend as we will not be having a dinner. Light refreshments will be provided. All attendees will receive one chance for the TV drawing.
The drawing for the annual meeting TV will be held at the Credit Union office on Monday, August 31st. Tickets are available at the office for a donation of $1 each or 6 for $5.
Real Time Debit Cards
We are pleased to announce that our Devbit Card program is now in Real Time! This change will give you more timely access to your funds.
Your available debit card balance will be updated throughout the day as transactions are processed. Direct deposits of paychecks, unemployment, pensions, etc. will be available as soon as we process them. Transactions made in the lobby, on Home Banking, or on your debit card, will be reflected in your available balance as they occur. Therefore, you will see a more accurate balance when you do an ATM balance inquiry.
Office staff will no longer have to send balance files twice a day or to manually update balances after deposits are made which eliminates the need for members to wait to do transactions.
We've also increased the daily ATM withdrawal limit to $300 and the POS (purchase) limit to $750.
We are excited about these changes and hope you will be too! Please call the Credit Union Office if you have any questions about our Debit Card Program.
We regret to inform you that we will not be having Youth Week this year due to the current pandemic. We apologize to our young members and hope to see you next year!
Wherever you are in your higher education, get the money you need for school. Student Loans from IBEW Local 56 FCU in partnership with Sallie Mae® could help!
Loan options are available for students attending a degree-granting institution and for their parents.
- Smart Option Student Loan® for Undergraduate Students
- Parent Loan
- Plus - the graduate loan suite is designed to meet the needs of students in specific fields of study
Click here to find out which loan option is right for for you.
Tips To Avoid Coronavirus Scams
Unfortunately fraudsters continue to take advantage of the current situation to try to scam consumers.
- Don't respond to texts, emails or calls about checks from the government. Go to irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments to get the latest information regarding your stimulus payment.
- Ignore offers for vaccinations and home test kits. Scammers are selling products to treat or prevent COVID-19 without proof that they work.
- Hang up on robocalls. Scammers pitch everything from low-priced health insurance to work-at-home schemes. They are after your money and personal information.
- Watch out for emails claiming to be from the CDC or WHO. Use sites like coronavirus.gov and usa.gov/coronavirus to get the latest information. Don't click on links from sources you don't know.
- Research before you donate. Don't let anyone rush you into making a donation. Never donate in cash, by gift card, or by wiring money. Get tips on donating wisely at ftc.gov/charity.
- Stay in the know. Go to ftc.gov/coronavirus for the latest information on scams. Sign up to get FTC alerts at ftc.gov/subscribe.
Visa Purchase Alerts
We highly recommend that our Debit Cardholders sign up to receive email alerts when they use their Visa Debit Card* for purchases. These alerts help provide security by allowing members to identify potentially fraudulent activity and they provide a means for members to track spending.
Sign up by logging into:
Follow these steps to enroll:
- Check eligibility by entering the first nine digits of your debit card.
- Creat an account.
- Register your email address. A verification email with a code will be sent to your email address. Enter that code to confirm your email address.
- Choose which of the following three alerts you would like to enroll in:
- purchases reaching a certain dollar amount
- international purchases
- purchases made on the internet
*A qualified transaction is any transaction routed through Visa.
Banking at Your Leisure
Do you want the opportunity to look up account balances and account activity, transfer funds between your Credit Union Accounts, and look up copies of paid checks at your convenience? If so, then Home Banking is for you! Contact the Credit Union office for the required form to sign up for this convenient service.
You can receive your monthly and quarterly statements online. When you log into your home banking account, click on the "Statements" tab to sign up for E-Statements.
Did you know that your family members and members of your household (persons living under your roof) are eligible to join your Credit Union? To join, they need a current photo ID (unless they're a child), social security number, a $25 share deposit, and a .25¢ membership fee.
Family Members include your:
Spouse Children Stepchildren Grandchildren
Parents Stepparents Grandparents Brothers & Sisters