Check out our Loan Specials
Tax Time Loan: Borrow $500-$2,500, Rates as low as 5.99%
Home Equity Loans: Rates as low as 2.99%APR
Mini-Mortgage Loans: Rates as low as 2.49% APR
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate
Click here for more information.
America Saves Week: February 27 - March 4
The perfect time to implement some or all of our savings tips.
- Build an emergency fund.
- Establish your budget. Get started by reviewing last month's receipts.
- Save for your future - college, retirement, emergencies, etc.
- Save automatically. Use payroll deduction or direct deposit to save each pay period.
- Start a short term savings goal - $10/week, a fund for card repairs, for a vacation, etc.
- Start saving for your retirement ASAP. The younger the better.
- Save your windfalls & tax refund. Whenever you receive unexpected money, like a bonus, lottery winnings, or tax refund, put a portion in savings.
- Save your loose change. It really adds up!
- Use the 24 hour rule. To avoid impulse buying, think over nonessential purchases for at least 24 hours.
- Calculate purchases by hours worked instead of cost. Take the cost of the item and divide it by your hourly wage. Is it worth the number of hours you'd have to work to pay for it?
- Treat yourself, but use it as an opportunity to save. If you splurge on a latte' while running errands, put the same amount into your savings.
Contribute to an IRA Today
Tax time is the perfect time to make a contribution to a Traditional or Roth IRA. You may be able to contribute up to $5,500 for both the 2016 and 2017 tax years. Members age 50 and older may be able to contribute an additional $1,000. Deposits for the 2016 tax year will be accepted until April 17, 2017.
Visa Purchase Alerts
Debit Cardholders sign up to receive email alerts when you use your Visa Debit Card* for purchases. These alerts help provide security by allowing members to identify potentially fraudulent activity and they provide a means for members to track spending.
Sign up by logging into:
Follow these steps to enroll:
- Check eligibility by entering the first nine digits of your debit card.
- Creat an account.
- Register your email address. A verification email with a code will be sent to your email address. Enter that code to confirm your email address.
- Choose which of the following three alerts you would like to enroll in:
- purchases reaching a certain dollar amount
- international purchases
- purchases made on the internet
*A qualified transaction is any transaction routed through Visa.
It's Time You Requested A Credit Union Credit Card!
Through a partnership with the ICUL Service Corp., we are now able to offer our members a mycucard VISA® Credit Card.
- Low Everyday APR on Purchases
- Spending Flexibility
- 24x7 Fraud Protection
- Superior Member Service
- Earn rewards on purchases towards exciting merchandise & travel awards through ScoreCard®.
To apply, visit: https://mycucard.com (click on IBEW Local #56 FCU in the drop down box), call (888)415-6154, or pick up an application at the Credit Union office.
Banking at Your Leisure
Do you want the opportunity to look up account balances and account activity, as well as to do transfers between your Credit Union Accounts at your convenience? If so, then Home Banking is for you! Contact the Credit Union office for the required form to sign up for this convenient service.
You can now get your monthly and quarterly statements online. When you log into your home banking account, click on the "Statements" tab to sign up for E-Statements.
We encourage you to have your paycheck, social security, pensions, unemployment, etc. electronically deposited into your credit union account.
Benefits of Direct Deposit Include:
Transfers funds securely & directly into your Regular Share or Share Draft (Checking) Account
Eliminates the risk of lost or stolen checks
Quick access to your funds
Access funds easily with a credit union Debit Card
Saves on trips to your credit union
Peace of mind when you're out of town
Helps protect the envirmonment
If convenience and safety are important to you, Direct Deposit is the way to go!
Did you know that your family members and members of your household (persons living under your roof) are eligible to join your Credit Union? To join, they need a current photo ID (unless they're a child), social secuirty number, a $25 share deposit, and a .25¢ membership fee.
Family Members include your:
Spouse Children Stepchildren Grandchildren
Parents Stepparents Grandparents Brothers & Sisters